I hope you and your families are all as well as can be expected in these difficult times. The pandemic has all of our lives in many different ways, very few of which have been positive.
We have not had regular in-person Local Union meetings since February due to the situation. But last month the Executive Board of Local 1228 passed a resolution to begin holding virtual Local Union meetings via ZOOM on the third Wednesday of each month starting at 8:00pm. Our first such meeting will happen on Wednesday November 18, 2020. We will have some protocols in place to assure that the meetings don’t get hijacked or disrupted by outsiders. Here is what they are:
- You must be a member in good standing to attend. That means your dues must be paid up and no more than 3 months in arrears.
- You must contact me by email to say you would like to attend the meeting. I will include you on the email invitation to the meeting and you a will be assigned a password.
- As usual, we will be running the meetings by Roberts Rules of Order and offer courtesy and respect of all participants and require the same from all participants.
- The President may reschedule the date of the meeting in certain circumstances and the notice of the rescheduled date will be posted on our website [ibew1228.org] as well as through Shop Stewards.
- There must be a quorum of at least 7 members for the meeting to be official.
- Documents that are to be considered by the membership shall be shared in the ZOOM meeting for all to review live.
- No documents are allowed to be downloaded or photographed for dissemination outside of the Local Union meeting unless approved by the President.
- All meetings will follow the normal order of business set out in the IBEW Constitution.
- No meeting shall go beyond 11:00pm
We really hope that these ZOOM opportunities will allow more members to participate in the Business of the Local in the comfort of their own homes. Your involvement helps the Union grow stronger in your shops and throughout the region.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me directly either by email or phone at the address and number below my name.
Thanks for your continued support of Local 1228.
What We Do
IBEW Local 1228 fights for television production technicians and their families. We stand up for our Union Members in the legislative, political, and social landscapes as well as in the workplace where we bargain collectively with our Employers over wages, benefits, and rights.
Who We Are
IBEW Local 1228 is group of Union Members working in the field of communications in New England, an elected Executive Board with a small paid Staff, and a chapter of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, a member of the AFL-CIO.
Who We Represent
IBEW Local 1228 represents over 700 Employees from WHDH, WCVB, WJAR, WBZ, WVIT, WMUR, Vermont PBS, WSBE, CPTV, Program Productions, MJN Productions, Green Line Group, Remote Facilities, HJZ Productions, LDM Worldwide, CBS Sports, and Fox Sports.
Representing Television Production Technicians in New England since 1941